A pesticide-free lure for attracting and killing the male Queensland Fruit Fly (Bactrocera tryoni).
Fly Bye™ Fruit Fly Lure is based upon a breakthrough formulation of native oils that have proven to be spectacularly successful in attracting the male fly, thereby disrupting the breeding pattern of this major pest. Refillable plastic bottle traps are hung in the growing area at a rate of four per hectare.
- Australian Certified Organic (ACO) Registered Farm Input 456AI.
- Fly Bye™ Fruit Fly Lure may be used as a monitoring tool in conjunction with routine spray programs.
- The product may also be used to detect the onset of the fruit fly season and to reduce the local fruit fly pressure.
- Integrate into fruit fly control programs on properties committed to pesticide-free farming techniques.
- Attracts and kills male flies when used as directed in a wet trap (not designed to be effective when applied to a cotton wick as no insecticide is present.
- Note: Flies will be attracted but not killed and are likely to escape from the trap)
Maximum 0.5 g per L 4-(p-hydroxyphenyl)-2-butanone
Minimum 0.25 g per L 4-(p-hydroxyphenyl)-2-butanone acetate
- Pour attractant into base of trap supplied, to a minimum depth of 20 mm.
- Place trap upwind in a shaded branch on the eastern side of the tree approximately 1.2 metres off the ground.
- Place four traps per hectare equally spaced around areas where fruit flies are to be monitored/controlled.
- Recharge traps when liquid attractant evaporates to a depth of 15 mm.
- When recharging the traps, it is advisable to remove dead flies from the trap liquid by an effective means such as pouring the liquid through a sieve or using a small spoon.
- For First Aid, refer to label.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Triple-rinse containers before disposal. Dispose of rinsate or any undiluted chemical according to state/territory legislative requirements.
- If recycling, replace cap and return clean containers to recycler or designated collection point. If not recycling, break, crush, or puncture and deliver empty packaging to an approved waste management facility. If an approved waste management facility is not available, bury the empty packaging 500 mm below the surface in a disposal pit specifically marked and set up for this purpose, clear of waterways, desirable vegetation, and tree roots, in compliance with relevant local, state, or territory government regulations.
- Do not burn empty containers or product.
- Not to be used for any purpose or in any manner contrary to the label unless authorised under appropriate legislation.
- Withholding period not required when used as directed.
- PROTECTION OF LIVESTOCK, FISH CRUSTACEANS AND ENVIRONMENT: Do not contaminate streams, rivers or waterways with the chemical or used containers.
Any recommendations provided by Nutri-Tech Solutions Pty Ltd (NTS)
or its Distributors are advice only. As no control can be exercised over storage, handling, mixing, application or use, or weather, plant or soil conditions before, during or after application (all of which may affect the performance of our program), no responsibility for, or liability for any failure in performance, losses, damages, or injuries (consequential or otherwise), arising from such storage, mixing, application, or use will be accepted under any circumstances whatsoever. NTS recommend you contact an Agronomist prior to product application. The Buyer assumes all responsibility for the use of any NTS products.